LUBE, OIL AND FILTER (OIL CHANGE)
Your vehicle needs the oil changed every 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first, in order to maintain optimum operating condition. Motor oil is the “life blood” of your engine. Since oil does breakdown and gets dirtier with use and age, making sure it is changed on a regular basis is one of the basic and easier preventative maintenance steps that a car owner can take.
Some owners are able to change the oil and filter on their own. For those who can’t or don’t desire to take this task on, the qualified and capable staff at Ernie’s Auto Service will be happy to do the job. When you bring your car in for an oil change we will:
- Drain the oil out and replace it with 10W30 Valvoline Oil (if another brand and/or weight is desired, let us know)
- Remove and replace the oil filter with the appropriate size NAPA brand ProSelect oil filter
- Check the air filter to make sure it is still clean
- Check and clean the battery terminals, if needed
- Check and adjust all fluid levels to include transmission, power steering, brake, antifreeze, and windshield washer fluids
- Grease all fittings on the chassis
- Lube all door hinges and latches
- Perform a general safety inspection of your vehicle to include checking/adjusting tire pressure on all tires and spare, and making sure all interior and exterior lights are working.
Ernie’s Auto Service charges on average $30 for this service, depending upon how many quarts of oil your vehicle requires and the type of oil filter your vehicle needs.